Directorate for Organizational and Management Planning (O&MP)
The Directorate for Organizational and Management Planning (O&MP) is a part of the Office of the Director of Administration and Management (DA&M). This directorate provides assistance across four core functions in support of organizational and management planning matters principally for the Office of the Secretary of Defense and in some areas Department of Defense-wide.
General responsibilities include providing support to the Immediate Office of the Secretary of Defense; assisting with the stand-up, reorganization, or stand-down of DoD organizations; providing policy guidance on matters of organization and management to DoD Components; and supporting the execution of many Departmental management programs.
Highlights of recent O&MP activity include:
- Led the re-establishment of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Public Affairs (ASD(PA)) as the Assistant to the Secretary of Defense for Public Affairs (ATSD(PA)). (SD Memo)
- Develop and maintain organizational charters for organizational elements of the Office of the Secretary of Defense, the Defense Agencies, the DoD Field Activities.
- Analyze and track OSD manpower resources and requirements on behalf of the Secretary and Deputy Secretary of Defense.
- Provide policy guidance, coordination, and oversight for the administration of the following programs:
- DoD Major Headquarters Program
- OSD Manager’s Internal Control (MIC) Program
- DoD Executive Agent Program
- DoD Committee Management Program